SDR (Sales Development Representative)
Tigera’s Mission & Vision
Application development has progressed rapidly, with the ability to compile, test, and deploy software from a code repository to production in minutes. In hyper-competitive markets with increasing consumer demand, digital-only interactions, and lower patience from customers, agility is required.
Tigera believes in this vision and is focused on helping our customers receive value faster, while keeping their applications secure, compliant and audit-ready. Without a security mindset, the vision of rapid delivery is often derailed when security teams figure out that microservice traffic is not secure nor auditable.
Our software products and professional service solutions enable enterprises to please their customers while maintaining security and compliance requirements.
SDR (Sales Development Representative) - Job Description
Ready for a ground floor opportunity to make a substantial impact with a disruptive tech company while building your Sales career? Tigera has an amazing product, a brilliant team and the financial backing of NEA Ventures and Wing Ventures. If you have limitless drive and like to win, we want to talk to you.
As a Tigera SDR you will have an opportunity to help drive the growth of an exciting company. Your mission is to reach the developers and SREs who are building the next generation of applications and managing cutting edge infrastructure. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong track record in Sales Development and excellence in execution. Experience in working for a software company that builds products for Dev & IT teams is required.
What you will do
- Qualify leads through initial phone and email contact
- Manage, nurture and grow a pipeline of interested prospects
- Articulate Tigera’s value proposition to software architects and Devops Engineers and uncover problems that need to be solved
- Identify prospective leads through creative research methods
- Partner with sales executives to strategize your approach
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to drive opportunity
- Respond to inbound interest and qualify fit for Tigera’s solution through discovery calls
- Work with Product and Marketing teams to convey feedback on prospect requirements and demand gen strategies
- Manage, track, and report on all activities and results using Salesforce
- Provide additional sales team support on an ad hoc/as needed basis
- 6 months of Sales experience as an SDR in a software company that targets security or infrastructure teams
- Speaks clearly and confidently over the phone
- Efficient at researching technical people to deliver contextual emails and cold calls
- Comfortable & confident engaging with very technical people
- An insatiable level of curiosity and a constant learner
- A great attitude and love for teamwork
- Persistant, has grit
- A self-starter that thrives on surfacing ideas to solve challenges
- Start-up experience desirable
- Some technical knowledge, with basic knowledge of Micro-Services, Containers & DevOps highly desirable
- BA/BS degree
Sound like an opportunity where you would thrive and grow? More importantly, could this be the right next step in reaching your career goals? Reach out to us at www.tigera.io.
Tigera is an early-stage startup, well funded by top-tier VCs. We offer a competitive compensation package along with full health, vision and dental benefits. We believe in a collaborative, flexible work environment based on respect for, and commitment from, every employee. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration and teamwork, make Tigera an awesome place to work.