Senior Solutions Architect- San Francisco
Tigera, the company behind the Calico open source cloud networking project, is looking for a highly skilled and motivated senior solutions engineer in the Bay Area who will be key in both extending our success with the Project Calico platform in the region as well as capitalizing on that vibrant base. This is a great chance for the right individual to get into a high-growth project that is core to the container revolution currently taking place in the cloud industry. We are still at an early stage, making this a very exciting opportunity for the right individual.
- Lead the technical engagement of key Tigera engagements in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area, with the support of the rest of the Tigera team. You will be instrumental in ensuring the success of both the customer and Tigera.
- Assist potential customers with architecture, PoC, and lab trials with the goal of moving those to a successful deployment of Tigera solutions for network security spanning Calico, Istio and other leading edge technologies. Be the customer’s advocate into the rest of the Tigera team.
- Collect and analyse requirements from the field and assist the CTO and Product Management teams within Tigera in deriving a set of features or capabilities that would meet those requirements.
- Provide customers with consulting services utilizing your expertise in Networking, Security and Orchestration, especially relating to Kubernetes and Service Mesh deployments
- Engage with the local community through venues like meetups (attending, hosting, and presenting) and local conferences with the goal of generating more interest in Calico and Tigera.
- Engage with leads and cultivate prospective Calico users and Tigera customers.
- Become a trusted resource and advocate for your customers. Someone who the customer relies on to give the right answer, not necessarily the most commercially rewarding answer.
- 7+ years of experience in data center environments. Preferably related to networking, security, orchestration, ‘cloud’ infrastructure, and/or scale-out/big-data environments.
- Experience as a sales engineer, solutions architect, resident engineer, or consulting engineer, ideally with an open source based product, would be a plus.
- Experience with security, compliance and Infosec skills strongly preferred.
- Experience as an actual operator (architect, SRE, DevOps, NetOps, SecOps, etc.) of microservices deployments would be a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to present on and discuss complex architectures.
- Ability to write scripts or glue-code to automate installations, integrate components, etc. would be a benefit.
- A deep technical understanding, including hands-on experience, of cloud and container technologies (such as AWS, GCE, Azure, Docker and Kubernetes).
- Deep understanding of Linux networking fundamentals (especially the IP routing and filtering stack).
- Practical experience with Service Mesh technologies like Istio and Envoy are a plus.
- Ability and desire to code compelling demos in one or more languages.
Tigera is an early stage startup, well funded by top-tier VCs, and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. We believe in a collaborative, flexible work environment based on respect for, and commitment from, every employee. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration and teamwork, make Tigera an awesome place to work.