SDR (Sales Development Representative)
Why join us
Tigera is on track to be the next greatest enterprise software company. We are funded by top-tier VCs, have an amazing product and brilliant team.
We are in a very exciting, dynamic, bleeding edge market. Kubernetes is one of the most-popular open source projects in history and is being evaluated or adopted by every major enterprise on the planet.
Our technology has been OEMed by every major cloud provider for their managed Kubernetes services as well as integrated into the most-popular commercial distributions like Docker, OpenShift, Mesosphere, and Canonical. Our rapidly growing customer base are all household names that rely on us to secure their revenue-generating applications.
The first step towards this vision of the future is to drive the broadest possible adoption of a truly cloud-native approach to application connectivity, networking and network security, which we believe dictates an open-source-first strategy, with packaged enterprise solutions built on open source. Hence our initial focus on open source Project Calico, Istio and related open technologies including Kubernetes.
SDR (Sales Development Representative) - Job Description
As a Tigera SDR you will have an opportunity to help drive the growth of an exciting company. Your mission is to reach the developers and SREs who are building the next generation of applications and managing cutting edge infrastructure. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong track record in Sales Development and excellence in execution.
What you will do
- Discover prospective leads using a diverse set of tools and research methods such as Salesforce, Outreach, DiscoverOrg, LeadLander, etc.
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop relationships to drive opportunity
- Engage outbound leads through initial phone and email contact
- Manage a pipeline of interested prospects
- Uncover key technical problems with our customer’s platforms and work with Sales management to articulate Tigera’s value proposition to a variety of stakeholders
- Respond to inbound interest and qualify fit for Tigera’s solution through discovery calls
- Work within the Marketing team to convey feedback on prospect requirements and demand gen strategies
- Have continuous growth in overall KPI'S
- Be adaptable to changing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Using A/B testing to determine best approaches to various customers
- 1 year of enterprise sales development experience
- Mastery of at least ONE of the following technical tools:
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable & confident engaging with very technical people
- An insatiable level of curiosity and a constant learner
- A great attitude and love for teamwork
- Resilience and ability to learn from rejection
- A self-starter that thrives on surfacing ideas to solve challenges
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in an enterprise sales role
Tigera is a growth-stage startup, well funded by top-tier VCs. We offer an amazing compensation package along with full health, vision and dental benefits. As a member of the SDR team you will benefit from Quarterly Sales KickOffs in San Fransisco, monthly team activities, weekly catered lunch and increased earning potential through variable commission.
We believe in a collaborative, flexible work environment based on respect for, and commitment from, every employee. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration and teamwork, make Tigera an awesome place to work.