Security Researcher - Vancouver, BC
Tigera provides Zero Trust network security and continuous compliance for Kubernetes platforms.
Tigera Secure Enterprise Edition extends enterprise security and compliance controls to Kubernetes environments with support for on-premises, multi-cloud, and legacy environments. Tigera Secure Cloud Edition is available on the AWS marketplace and enables fine-grained security and compliance controls for Kubernetes on AWS and Amazon EKS.
Tigera powers all of the major Hosted Kubernetes environments including Amazon EKS, Azure AKS, Google GKE, and IBM Container Service. Tigera is also integrated with the major on-premises Kubernetes deployments and is shipped “batteries included” in Docker EE and fully integrated with Red Hat OpenShift.
Tigera Secure builds on leading open source projects: Kubernetes, Calico, and Istio, which Tigera engineers maintain and contribute to as active members of the cloud-native community. Our employees are experts in securing Kubernetes and our technology is deployed in the largest SaaS, financial services, gaming, and retail companies where security and compliance are critical to the business.
Why Join Us
Tigera is on track to be the next greatest enterprise software company. We are funded by top-tier VCs, have an amazing product and brilliant team.
We are in a very exciting, dynamic, bleeding edge market. Kubernetes is one of the most-popular open source projects in history and is being evaluated or adopted by every major enterprise on the planet.
Our technology has been OEMed by every major cloud provider for their managed Kubernetes services as well as integrated into the most-popular commercial distributions like Docker, OpenShift, Mesosphere, and Canonical. Our rapidly growing customer base are all household names that rely on us to secure their revenue-generating applications.
The first step towards this vision of the future is to drive the broadest possible adoption of a truly cloud-native approach to application connectivity, networking and network security, which we believe dictates an open-source-first strategy, with packaged enterprise solutions built on open source. Hence our initial focus on open source Project Calico, Istio and related open technologies including Kubernetes.
You will be joining a team that is highly engineering-focused with a culture that values diversity, collaboration, agility and innovation, keeping us one step ahead in the exciting and fast moving cloud-native technology space.
As a Threat Intelligence Research Engineer, you will
- Analyze application and infrastructure telemetry to identify new network attacks and malware.
- Collaborate with the broader threat intelligence research community to understand attacks, how to detect them, and how to prevent them.
- Operationalize this knowledge to help our customers detect or prevent attacks in the wild.
- Develop detection or prevention rules that fit into our existing intrusion detection and prevention frameworks
- Pioneer new frameworks and techniques that keep our customers one step ahead of attackers.
As an early stage startup, everyone is expected to pitch in and wear multiple hats. If you are interested, there are ample opportunities for you to connect with our community and customers including meetups, conferences, developer summits and sale engagements.
- Ability to work with a “security mindset” including adversarial thinking, threat modelling, and defense in depth.
- Extensive experience analyzing application and infrastructure telemetry (application logs, network flow logs, audit logs, metrics, core dumps, etc.) for indicators of compromise.
- Extensive experience helping to secure real-world, production systems.
- Solid numerical programming skills
- A drive to get things done in a highly collaborative, agile development environment.
- BS in CS or related / similar degree (equivalent experience may suffice).
- Experience applying machine learning to adversarial threat detection problems
- Experience with container-based clusters like Kubernetes, Docker, or Mesos
- Experience securing applications in public clouds like AWS, Azure, or GCE
- Experience with large scale data systems like Hadoop, Spark, or TensorFlow
- Experience in an early-stage startup
- Experience contributing to open source projects
Tigera is an early-stage startup, well funded by top-tier VCs. We offer a competitive compensation package along with full health, vision and dental benefits. We believe in a collaborative, flexible work environment based on respect for, and commitment from, every employee. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration and teamwork, make Tigera an awesome place to work.