Enterprise Solutions Engineer - NYC Area
Tigera is considered a leader within the Kubernetes ecosystem. Solutions like Tigera Secure enable zero trust security and continuous compliance within Kubernetes deployments, leveraging widely adopted open source technologies like Calico and Istio that the Tigera team maintains, or contributes to. Tigera partners closely with the leading cloud providers (including AWS, Azure, Google and IBM Cloud) and Kubernetes distributions (including Docker Enterprise and Red Hat OpenShift).
Given the rapid growth in adoption of Tigera solutions by customers, Tigera is looking for Enterprise Solution Engineer candidates with proven depth in Kubernetes and Security to join the team. Key duties for this role include:
- Lead the technical engagement of key Tigera engagements in the region, with the support of the rest of the Tigera team. You will be instrumental in ensuring the success of the customer.
- Assist potential customers with demo, qualification, architecture, PoC, and lab trials with the goal of moving those to a successful deployment of the Tigera solution. Be the customer’s advocate into the rest of the Tigera team.
- Collect and analyze requirements from the field and assist other Tigera teams in deriving a set of features or capabilities that would meet those requirements.
- Engage with leads and cultivate prospective Tigera customers.
- Become a trusted resource and advocate for your customers. Someone who the customer relies on to give the right answer, not necessarily the most commercially rewarding answer.
- Respond to proposals and RFIs/RFPs
- Work as part of the sales team toward reaching sales quota.
- Travel as needed to customer locations
- 7+ years of experience in cloud and data center environments. Preferably related to networking, security, orchestration, ‘cloud’ infrastructure, and/or scale-out/big-data environments.
- Previous experience as Pre-Sales Engineer, supporting a complex software sales cycle to DevOps, NetOps, SecOps,
- Experience with security, compliance and Infosec skills strongly preferred.
- Hands-on depth in Kubernetes is a must.
- A deep technical understanding, with hands-on experience, of Cloud (AWS, GCE, Azure, IBM Cloud) and Container (Docker, etc.) technologies is important
- Experience with Service Mesh technologies (like Istio and Envoy) would be a plus.
- Experience as a SRE or similar roles dealing with production deployments is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to present on and discuss complex architectures.
- Ability to write scripts or glue-code to automate installations, integrate components, etc. would be a benefit.
Tigera is an early-stage startup, well funded by top-tier VCs. We offer a competitive compensation package along with full health, vision and dental benefits. We believe in a collaborative, flexible work environment based on respect for, and commitment from, every employee. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration and teamwork, make Tigera an awesome place to work.