Technical Consultant - Customer Success
Enterprise adoption of Kubernetes is increasing. According to Datadog, over 80% of organizations are using container orchestration tool if they are in production and Kubernetes is the leading choice for these enterprises. One of the biggest barriers to adoption is that traditional security solutions do not work in this environment. This is the problem that Tigera solves. We have created the world's best zero trust security and continuous compliance solution for Kubernetes platforms. We have some of the smartest engineers on the planet who are building an incredible solution for a really complex problem. Some of the largest enterprises have embraced our technology as they are building out their container platforms.
To help these customers succeed, we are building a world-class Customer Success team and are looking for technical rock stars with a passion for designing, deploying and supporting technical solutions based on cutting-edge technology. In your role as a Technical Consultant, you will engage with users early in their adoption cycle to educate and train them on new technology. You will consult with customers on the design and rollout of their Container platform. You will provide thought leadership and guide customers and partners towards implementation of best practices and provide technical assistance during steady state operations.
And you will have a unique opportunity to learn, develop and grow your Kubernetes skills from the best technical experts that you can find!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensure success of your assigned customers' deployments - enable them to maximize the value they get from their relationship with Tigera
- Develop and deliver technical training on the latest container technology
- Lead solution design workshops for developing innovative solutions
- Provide customers with consulting services utilizing your expertise in Networking, Security and Orchestration
- Help customers overcome challenging technical issues and increase adoption of cutting-edge technology
- Build a multi-media repository of technical content for our customers to help accelerate learning and self-enablement
- Influence the direction of our product by working closely with the Product Management and Engineering teams to incorporate the needs of our customers into the product roadmap
- Engage with the local community through venues like meetups (attending, hosting, and presenting) and conferences
- Become a trusted technical resource and advocate for your customers
- Solid hands-on technical skills & knowledge - you will be able to check off most (if not all) the following:
- Linux fundamentals and system administration
- IP networking
- Private and public VM environments
- Network and systems security / SecOps
- Container environments (preferred)
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative problem solver, with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in an early-stage startup environment (preferred)
- Willingness to travel (mostly nationally, occasionally international) as required (total travel <30%)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Information Technology or related
Tigera is an early-stage startup, well funded by top-tier VCs. We offer a competitive compensation package along with full health, vision and dental benefits. We have an outstanding culture based on a set of four core values. We believe in a collaborative work environment based on mutual respect and accountability. . These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration and teamwork, make Tigera an awesome place to work.