Technical Consultant - Customer Success
Do you get your buzz from from learning and working with cutting edge technology?
Are you thrilled at the prospect of working with smart and tech-savvy customers and end users to solve complex technical problems?
Do you want to work with one of the hottest startups in the emerging kubernetes space?
Tigera has an amazing product, an enthusiastic and happy user base, and is rapidly adding large global enterprise customers. We are seeking to build a world-class Customer Success team and are looking for technical rock stars with a passion for designing and deploying technical solutions based on cutting edge technology. In your role as a Technical Consultant, you will engage with users early in their adoption cycle to educate and train them on new technology. You will consult with customers on the design and rollout of their Container platform. You will provide thought leadership and guide guide customers and partners towards implementation of best practices and provide technical assistance during steady state operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensure success of your assigned customers' deployments - enable them to maximize the value they get from their relationship with Tigera
- Develop and deliver technical training on the latest container technology
- Lead solution design workshops for developing innovative solutions
- Provide customers with consulting services utilizing your expertise in Networking, Security and Orchestration, especially related to Kubernetes and Service Mesh deployments
- Build a multi-media repository of technical content for our customers to help accelerate learning and self-enablement
- Influence the direction of our product by working closely with the Product Management and Engineering teams to incorporate the needs of our customers into the product roadmap
- Engage with the local community through venues like meetups (attending, hosting, and presenting) and conferences
- Become a trusted technical resource and advocate for your customers
- 5+ years experience with direct operational responsibility for complex software systems (e.g. as a site reliability engineer or a devops engineer)
- Solid hands-on technical skills & knowledge - you will be able to check off most (if not all) the following:
- Linux fundamentals and system administration
- IP networking
- Private and public VM environments (e.g. OpenStack, AWS, Azure, GCE)
- Software development/operations (DevOps) experience
- Network and systems security / SecOps
- Container environments including orchestration (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative problem solver, with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in an early-stage startup environment
- Willingness to travel (mostly nationally, occasionally international) as required (total travel <30%)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Information Technology or related
Tigera is an early-stage startup, well funded by top-tier VCs. We offer a competitive compensation package along with full health, vision and dental benefits. We believe in a collaborative, flexible work environment based on respect for, and commitment from, every employee. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration and teamwork, make Tigera an awesome place to work.